Posted by: Miss October
This seems to be turning into a Goose shrine.. (just wait until April, when it becomes the Joba fan site ! ;) ... but I thought this was entertaining and worth posting.
Goose presented the Top 10 List on Letterman last night.... thank goodness Letterman has his writing staff back. Watch the video...
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Top Ten Things Goose Gossage Can Say Now That He's Been Elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame presented by Rich "Goose" Gossage
10. "Today's contracts are ridiculous -- the most I made in a season: 800 bucks"
9. "I traded my 1978 'Rolaids Reliever of the Year' award for a banjo"
8. "My real name is Goose Gossagestein"
7. "This facial hair makes me look cool. Letterman's made him look like a drifter"
6. "I'm retired, but I still wear a cup"
5."In 1979, I recorded the novelty single, 'Disco Goose'"
4."Now maybe my neighbor will shut up about his bowling trophies"
3."To psych myself up for a game, I'd listen to the soundtrack of 'My Fair Lady'"
2."After recording the last out of the 1978 Yankees-Red Sox playoff, I kissed Bucky Dent on the mouth"
1."The only thing I ever tested positive for was being a flame-throwin' sum'bitch"