Saturday, February 16, 2008

Signs of Spring...

Posted by: Miss October

Nothing beats the winter blues better than seeing the first signs of activity in spring training. Currently, pitchers and catchers and a few other ambitious position players are taking to the field to try to shake that off-season rust. It's a nice sight -- since all the recent baseball coverage the past week or so has taken place at a Senate hearing.

For the Yankees, 2008 is a year of new beginnings. It will take some time to get used to not seeing Joe Torre in the dugout... but I'm excited about the change. The bittersweet part of this year will be the final year of the current Yankee Stadium.... I still have mixed feelings about that. We'll see how I feel when I'll be sitting there for my final Opening Day in the Stadium on March 31.

No comments: